On Monday 14 March 2022, the University of Pavia (Aula Foscolo) will host the event "Incontriamoci a Pavia" (Let’s meet in Pavia). It is the sixth appointment of a cycle of meetings promoted by the Department for European Policies that is crossing the peninsula from North to South to stimulate citizens to participate in the Conference on the Future of Europe in relation to the specificities and solicitations of the territory.
The event is organised by the University of Pavia, in collaboration with the European Commission Representation in Italy and the European Parliament's Rome Office.
The initiative can also be followed in live streaming on the University's website.
"Incontriamoci a Pavia" will open at 10:15 a.m. with greetings by:
- Francesco Svelto, Dean of the University of Pavia
- Cristina Campiglio, Director of the Department of Law, University of Pavia
- Fabrizio Fracassi, Mayor of Pavia
- Diana Agosti, Head of the Department for European Policies of the Presidency of the Council of Ministers
- Carlo Corazza, Director of the European Parliament Office in Italy
- Massimo Gaudina, Head of the European Commission Representation Office in Milan.
Afterwards, key-note speakers include:
- Benedetto Della Vedova, Undersecretary at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (remotely)
- Brando Benifei, Member of the European Parliament (remotely)
- Angelo Ciocca, Member of the European Parliament
- Massimiliano Salini, Member of the European Parliament
- Patrizia Toia, Member of the European Parliament
- Alessandro Alfieri, Senator, Senate representative at the Conference on the Future of Europe (remotely)
- Matteo Bianchi, Member of the Parliament, representative of the Chamber of Deputies at the Conference on the Future of Europe
- Nicola De Cardenas, President of Assolombarda Pavia (remotely)
- Elena Rita Maga, Secretary-General CISL Pavia
- Debora Roversi, Secretary-General CGIL Pavia.
Introduction and moderation by:
Giulia Rossolillo, Professor of European Union Law at the University of Pavia, Director of the magazine "Il Federalista".
At 2.30 p.m. the meeting continues with a workshop with students. Facilitators and moderators:
- Giulia Rossolillo, Professor of European Union Law at the University of Pavia, Director of the magazine “Il Federalista”
- Francesco Tufarelli, Coordinator of the Office for Coordination of EU Policies at the Department for European Policies
- Gioventù Federalista Europea – Pavia and Milan.
Along with the meeting, the University will host, till 17 March 2022, the second round (the first was in Teramo) of the Department’s multimedia exhibition titled “L'Italia in Europa – L'Europa in Italia” (Italy in Europe, Europe in Italy), suspended in February 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.Let’s meet in , Conference on the Future of Europe