On Friday 28 January 2022, the Department for European Policies of the Presidency of the Council of Ministers promotes "Incontriamoci a Bologna" ("Let's meet in Bologna"), the third appointment of a cycle of meetings that is crossing the peninsula from North to South to stimulate citizens to participate in the Conference on the Future of Europe in relation to the specificities and requests of the territory.
The Bologna event is organised together with the Legislative Assembly and Emilia-Romagna Region, Europe Direct Emilia-Romagna, the Movimento Federalista Europeo Emilia-Romagna, AICCRE Federazione Emilia-Romagna, ANCI Emilia-Romagna, UPI Emilia-Romagna, Municipality of Bologna, Municipality of Modena, Municipality of Ravenna.
In collaboration with the Representation in Italy of the European Commission and the European Parliament's Office in Rome.
The initiative takes place in videoconference mode and is available on the YouTube channel of Europe Direct Emilia Romagna.
"Let's meet in Bologna" opens at 9.30 a.m. with greetings from:
- Emma Petitti, President of the Legislative Assembly of Emilia-Romagna
- Elly Schlein, Vice-President Emilia-Romagna Region.
This will be followed by keynote speeches by:
- Diana Agosti, Head of the Department for European Policies
- Carlo Corazza, Head of the European Parliament Office in Italy
- Pier Virgilio Dastoli, President of the European Movement, Italy
- Luisa Trumellini, National Secretary of the European Federalist Movement
- Matteo Lepore, Mayor of Bologna
- Giancarlo Muzzarelli, Mayor of Modena
- Michele De Pascale, Mayor of Ravenna
- Antonio Parenti, European Commission Representative in Italy.
At 11.30 a.m. a round table opens on the theme "What European Governance for a democratic Europe close to the Citizens?"
- Massimiliano Pompignoli, President of the Budget, General and Institutional Affairs Commission of the Emilia-Romagna Legislative Assembly
- Manuela Rontini, President of Commission for Economic Policies, Emilia-Romagna Legislative Assembly
- Silvia Zamboni, Vice-President Legislative Assembly
- Representatives of the political groups of the Legislative Assembly of Emilia-Romagna.
Lia Montalti, UP Secretary Councillor in charge of European policies and Vice-President of the Chamber of Regions at the Council of Europe.
"Let's meet in Bologna" will continue in the afternoon with "The Europe we want: Ideas and proposals for the future of Europe", a workshop with groups of young people from all over the region, thanks to the Universities of Bologna and Modena-Reggio Emilia, the Youz Emilia-Romagna participatory path, the EuRoPe Project of the Municipality of Ravenna, the Assembly of Emilia-Romagna boys and girls, the Young European Federalists, and Europe Direct of the Emilia-Romagna Region.Let's meet in , Conference on the Future of Europe