On Monday 21 March 2022, "Incontriamoci a Firenze" (Let's meet in Florence) will take place. It is the eighth appointment of a cycle of meetings promoted by the Department for European Policies, aimed at stimulating citizens to participate in the Conference on the Future of Europe in relation to the specificities and requests of their territory. The themes of migration and asylum will at the centre of the debate in Florence.
The event is organised by the European University Institute and the Department for European Policies, in collaboration with the University of Florence, Europe Direct – Florence, the European Parliament Office in Italy and the European Commission Representation in Italy.
The initiative will be held both in presence at Palazzo Buontalenti and via Zoom, and will also be available live on the YouTube channel of the European University Institute.
"Incontriamoci a Firenze" will open at 10:15 a.m. with greetings by:
- Renaud Dehousse, President, European University Institute
- Giorgia Giovannetti, Vice-Chancellor, University of Florence
- Dario Nardella, Mayor of Florence (or his delegate)
- Diana Agosti, Head of the Department for European Policies, Presidency of the Council of Ministers
- Carlo Corazza, Director, European Parliament Office in Italy
- Antonio Parenti, Director, European Commission Representation in Italy.
Moderator: Piero Fachin, Deputy Editor, La Nazione
The opening speeches will be followed by an ad-hoc session on the Conference on the Future of Europe, addressed by:
- Simona Bonafè, Member of the European Parliament
- Susanna Ceccardi, Member of the European Parliament
- Franca Maria Feisel, Researcher, European University Institute
- Roberto Castaldi, Director, Cesue and EURACTIV.IT, Scientific Committee for the Future of Europe.
The morning session will terminate with an introduction to the afternoon workshop focussing on the theme of migration and asylum, by Costanza Hermanin, Professor, European University Institute.
In the afternoon, the event will continue with the workshop involving students, aiming to collect their ideas and proposals for tomorrow’s Europe.
The workshop will be moderated and coordinated by:
- Costanza Hermanin, Professor, European University Institute
- Francesco Tufarelli, Coordinator of the Office for Coordination of European Union Policies, Department for European Policies.
Registration for the event is available on the website of the European University Institute.Let’s meet in , Conference on the Future of Europe