The problems of citizens and businesses that can be solved by SOLVIT include:
- Social security
- Recognition of professional qualifications
- Free movement of people, goods and services
- Visas for family members of EU citizens
- Electoral rights
- Border checks
- Registration of motor vehicles and driving licences
- Access to education
- Employment rights
- Market access for goods and services
- Public procurement
- Free movement of capital.
The above list is not exhaustive. SOLVIT will consider all the cases that meet the aforementioned criteria.
Non-profit organisations acting on behalf of citizens and businesses can also send a complaint to SOLVIT in their interest.
Being SOLVIT an informal approach to problem solving, it cannot be used whereby legal proceedings have been initiated.SOLVIT