"Incontriamoci a Lecce" (Let's meet in Lecce) will take place on Tuesday 15 February 2022 at the University of Salento – Sala del Rettorato. It is the fourth appointment of a cycle of meetings promoted by the Department for European Policies, crossing the peninsula from North to South in order to stimulate the citizens to participate in the Conference on the Future of Europe in relation to the specificities and requests of the territory involved. In Lecce, the social and economic topics of the Conference will be addressed.
The Lecce event is organised by the University of Salento, in collaboration with the Jean Monnet Chair, and is supported by Europe Direct Taranto and the Movimento Federalista Europeo – MFE (European Federalist Movement), in collaboration with the Representation of the European Commission in Italy and the Rome Office of the European Parliament.
The initiative can be followed in live streaming on the Teams platform.
"Incontriamoci a Lecce" will start at 9.30 a.m. with greetings by:
- Fabio Pollice, Magnifico Rettore of the University of Salento
- Loredana Capone, President of Apulia Regional Council, Member of the Committee of the Regions
- Riccardo Rossi, Mayor and President of the Province of Brindisi
- Diana Agosti, Head of the Department for European Policies –Presidency of the Council of Ministers
- Carlo Corazza, Director of the European Parliament Office in Italy
- Antonio Parenti, Representative of the European Commission in Italy
- Silvia Miglietta, Councillor for Active Labour Policies, Equal Opportunities, Civil Rights, Volunteering, Planning and Management of Health Services, Health Protection, Youth Policies and Animal Protection at Lecce Municipality
- Carmelo Calamia, Director of the European Policies Service of the Province of Lecce
- Mariano Longo, Director of the Department of History, Society and Human Studies, University of Salento.
Keynote speeches will be delivered by:
- Andrea Caroppo, Member of the European Parliament, Commission for the Internal Market and Consumer Protection
- Dario Stefano, President of the Commission for European Union Policies of the Senate of the Italian Republic
- Luigi Melica, Director of the Department of Legal Sciences of the University of Salento
- Alberto Maritati, President of the Movimento europeo – Puglia (European Movement –Apulia)
- Angelo Salento, Professor of sociology of economic and labour processes at the University of Salento
- Nicola Guastamacchia, Coordinator of the Federation of Banche di Credito Cooperativo (BCC) of Apulia and Basilicata
- Angelo Guarini, Director General of Confindustria –Brindisi.
The event will be introduced and moderated by:
Susanna Cafaro, Professor of European Union Law at the University of Salento and Member of the Scientific Committee for the Future of Europe of the Department for European Policies.
"Incontriamoci a Lecce" will continue in the afternoon with a workshop involving PhD students from the University of Salento and civil society representatives who will elaborate revision ideas and proposals to be uploaded on the platform of the Conference for the Future of Europe.
The workshop will be facilitated and moderated by:
- Simona Ciullo, Regional Secretary of the Movimento Federalista Europeo – MFE (European Federalist Movement)
- Claudia Morini, Professor of European Union Law at the University of Salento.