On Thursday 20 January 2022 the Department for European Policies of the Presidency of the Council of Ministers and the University of Milan are organising, in collaboration with the European Parliament and the European Commission, the event "Incontriamoci a Milano" (Let's meet in Milan).
It is the second appointment, after Venice on 2 December 2021, of a cycle of meetings that will cross the peninsula from North to South to stimulate the citizens to participate in the Conference on the Future of Europe in relation to the specificities and requests of the territory.
In Milan, the topics addressed will be 'European Union in the world', 'participatory democracy' and 'the future of social Europe'.
The initiative will take place in the Sala Napoleonica of the University of Milan and will be opened with institutional greetings by:
- Marilisa D'Amico (Vice-Chancellor in charge of Legality, Transparency and Equal Rights – University of Milan)
- Chiara Amalfitano (Director of the Department of Italian and Supranational Public Law – University of Milan)
- Mario Vanni (Head of Cabinet of the Mayor, Municipality of Milan)
- Diana Agosti (Head of the Department for European Policies, Presidency of the Council of Ministers)
- Antonio Parenti (Director of the European Commission Representation in Italy)
- Carlo Corazza (Director of the European Parliament Office in Italy).
- Patrizia Toia (MEP, Vice-President of the Commission for Industry, Research and Energy)
- Alessandro Alfieri (Senator, Senate representative at the Conference on the Future of Europe, Co-chair of the Working Group on Migration)
- Antonio Padoa Schioppa (Professor of History of Medieval and Modern Law – University of Milan)
- Massimo Condinanzi (Professor of European Union Law – University of Milan)
- Maurizio Ferrera (Professor of Political Science – University of Milan)
- Piero Graglia (Professor of History of International Relations – University of Milan)
- Gregorio De Felice (Head of Research and Chief Economist, Intesa Sanpaolo).
Moderator: Roberto Sommella, Director of Milano Finanza.
"Incontriamoci a Milano" will continue in the afternoon with a Workshop with students, who will discuss the themes of the Conference also on the basis of the ideas resulting from the morning speeches.
The workshop is aimed at preparing a contribution to be included in the multilingual digital platform of the Conference on the Future of Europe and in the website of the Department for European Policies.Let’s meet in , Conference on the Future of Europe