On Thursday 7 April 2022 the event "Incontriamoci a Padova" (Let's Meet in Padua) will take place at the Aula Magna of the University of Padua. It is the ninth appointment of a cycle of meetings promoted by the Department for European Policies, aimed at stimulating citizens to participate in the Conference on the Future of Europe in relation to the specificities and requests of their territory.
The event is organised by the University of Padua and the Department for European Policies, in collaboration with the European Parliament Office in Italy, the European Commission Representation in Italy and the Europe Documentation Centre.
The initiative will be held in presence at the Aula Magna and live on the University's YouTube channel.
"Incontriamoci a Padova" will open at 9:30 a.m. with greetings by:
- Cristina Basso, Pro-Rector for International Relations of the University of Padua
- Chiara Gallani, Councillor for Labour and Employment Policies, Environment, Green, Parks and Agriculture, Agenda 21
- Enrico Carraro, President of Confindustria – Veneto
- Annalisa Bisson, Director of International Relations – Veneto Region
- Elena Pariotti, Director of the Department of Political Science, Law and International Studies
- Diana Agosti, Head of the Department for European Policies, Presidency of the Council of Ministers
- Fabrizio Spada, Head of Institutional Relations, European Parliament Office in Italy
- Massimo Gaudina, Head of the European Commission Representation in Milan.
The greetings will be followed by an in-depth session on the themes of the Conference on the Future of Europe, with speeches by:
- Alessandra Moretti, Member of the European Parliament (remotely)
- Sabrina Pignedoli, Member of the European Parliament (remotely)
- Elena Calandri, Professor of History of International Relations, University of Padua
- Alberto Saravalle, Professor of EU Law, University of Padua
- Marta Dassù, Director of Aspenia, Member of the Scientific Committee on the Future of Europe (remotely)
- Bernardo Cortese, Professor of European Union Law, University of Padua
- Marco Mascia, Professor of International Relations, University of Padua
- Arturo Lorenzoni, Professor of Engineering, University of Padua
Moderator: Marco Bonet, Il Corriere del Veneto.
In the afternoon, the event will continue at the Archivio Antico of Palazzo Bo with a workshop involving the students of the University and aiming to collect ideas and proposals for the future of Europe.
The workshop will be moderated and coordinated by:
- Ekaterina Domorenok and Arturo Lorenzoni, University of Padua
- Francesco Tufarelli, Coordinator of the Office for Coordination of European Union Policies, Department for European Policies