"Incontriamoci a Teramo" (Let's meet in Teramo) will take place on Friday 4 March 2022 at the University of Teramo (Aula Magna), being the fifth appointment of a cycle of meetings promoted by the Department for European Policies that is crossing the peninsula from North to South to stimulate citizens to participate in the Conference on the Future of Europe in relation to the specificities and requests of their territory.
The Teramo event is organised by Punto Europa Consorzio, Europe Direct Abruzzo, and the University of Teramo, in cooperation with the European Commission's Representation in Italy and the Rome Office of the European Parliament.
The initiative can also be followed in live streaming on the Google Meet platform.
"Incontriamoci a Teramo" will open at 10.15 a.m. with greetings by:
- Dino Mastrocola, Magnifico Rettore of the University of Teramo
- Filippo Lucci, Sole Director of Punto Europa Consorzio – Europe Direct Abruzzo
- Gianguido D'Alberto, Mayor of Teramo
- Diego Bonaventura, President of the Province of Teramo
- Pietro Quaresimale, Councillor for Education, Training, Labour, Research and University of Abruzzo Region.
Their greetings will be followed by introductory speeches on the theme of the Conference on the Future of Europe, by:
- Diana Agosti, Head of the Department for European Policies, Presidency of the Council of Ministers
- Carlo Corazza, Director of the European Parliament Office in Italy
- Vito Borrelli, Deputy Director of the European Commission Representation in Italy
And keynote speakers
- Rosa D'Amato, Member of the European Parliament
- Mario Furore, Member of the European Parliament
- Aldo Patriciello, Member of the European Parliament
- Emanuela Grimaldi, Director of the Department, Presidency of the Regional Council – Communication on EU and national funds
- Antonella Ballone, President of the Gran Sasso Chamber of Commerce of Italy
- Giuseppe Savini, President of ARAP Abruzzo
- Christian Corsi, Dean of the Faculty of Communication Sciences.
The meeting will end with a debate with students in order to collect ideas and proposals for tomorrow’s Europe, coordinated by:
- Emanuela Pistoia, Professor of European Union Law – Faculty of Law
- Pia Acconci, Professor of International Law – Faculty of Communication Sciences
- Pietro Gargiulo, Professor of International Law – Faculty of Political Sciences.
Moderator: Laura De Berardinis, journalist.
Along with the meeting, the University will host, till 11 March 2022, the first round of the Department’s multimedia exhibition titled “L'Italia in Europa – L'Europa in Italia” (Italy in Europe, Europe in Italy), suspended in February 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.Conference on the Future of Europe , Let’s meet in