On Friday 18 March 2022 at the University of Catania – Benedictine Monastery, Aula Magna Santo Mazzarino – the event "Incontriamoci a Catania" (Let's meet in Catania) will take place, the seventh appointment of a cycle of meetings promoted by the Department for European Policies, which is crossing the peninsula from North to South to stimulate the citizens to participate in the Conference on the Future of Europe in relation to the specificities and requests of the territory.
The event is organised by the University of Catania in collaboration with EuReAct, the European Documentation Centre – University of Catania and Eunice, with the participation of the European Commission's Representation in Italy and the Rome Office of the European Parliament.
The initiative can also be followed in live streaming (we will soon publish the link).
"Incontriamoci a Catania" opens at 10.15 a.m. with greetings by
- Nello Musumeci, President of the Sicilian Region
- Francesco Priolo, Dean of the University of Catania
- Enzo Bianco, President of ANCI National Council
- Enrico Trantino, Councillor in charge of relations with the University, Municipality of Catania
- Diana Agosti, Head of the Department for European Policies, Presidency of the Council of Ministers
- Carlo Corazza, Director of the European Parliament Office in Italy
- Antonio Parenti, Director of the European Commission Representation in Italy
and will continue with the round table on the rights we want for Europe. Key-note speakers will include:
- Caterina Chinnici, Member of the European Parliament
- Raffaele Stancanelli, Member of the European Parliament
- Fulvio Attinà, Professor emeritus, University of Catania
- Marco Mascia University of Padova
- Francesco Longo, University of Catania, Member of the Scientific Committee for the Future of Europe
- Emiliano Abramo, President of the Community of Sant'Egidio
- Andrea Pecoraro, UNCHR of Catania
- Rosario Sapienza, University of Catania.
Giuseppe Ardica, TGR RAI Sicilia, Catania editorial office.
In the afternoon, from 2.30 p.m., the meeting will continue with a workshop on the Europe of rights we want: students and young citizens will discuss and finalise the proposal on the Europe of rights.
- Francesco Tufarelli, Coordinator of the Office for Coordination of European Union Policies, Department for European Policies
- Francesco Caudullo, European Documentation Centre, Catania, Italy
- Stefano Panebianco, University of Catania
- Giorgia D'Arrigo, High-school student, Catania (facilitator)
- Isabella Miano, UNICT student (facilitator)