The Delegates Portal is an IT solution that allows authorized users to search and consult documents of the European Council and of the Council (collectively referred to as "Council documents" in this guide) via the internet or the Extranet wide area network (WAN). The Delegates Portal provides access to documents in all available languages.
It provides a service to all delegates and officials of Member States who are directly or indirectly involved in the Council's decision-making process, including:
- delegates attending meetings of Council bodies (hereinafter referred to as the "community")
- other government personnel of the Member States
- the staff of the European Commission and of the European External Action Service
The Delegates Portal provides access to official Council documents, including:
- standard documents (ST)
- communications (CM), i.e. calls to meetings and agendas
- the documents relating to the codecision between the European Parliament and the Council (EP)
- community information (e.g. work documents (WK))
The documents can be consulted in all the linguistic versions available.
The Delegates Portal also allows the consultation of the calendar of all Council sessions and of the European Council meetings.
One can access data from the Delegates Portal through a web application complete with all functions, designed to be viewed on a PC or tablet with a large screen.
The Delegates Portal is limited access application which requires the possession of a username and password: the procedures for obtaining access credentials are explained in the Guide, section "Access to the system".