The Delegates Portal is an IT solution that allows authorized users to search and read documents of the European Council and of the EU Council (collectively referred to as "Council documents") via the Internet or the Extranet wide area network (WAN).
The procedures for obtaining login details are explained in the "Access to the system” section of the Guide to the Delegates Portal.
The Portal provides a service to delegates and officials of Member States directly or indirectly involved in the Council's decision-making process, notably:
- Member States’ delegates attending meetings of the Council organs ("community");
- other Member States’ officials;
- the staff of the European Commission and the European External Action Service.
The Delegates Portal provides access to the following “Council documents”:
- standard documents (ST);
- communications (CM), i.e. calls to meetings and agendas;
- documents related to the co-decision between the European Parliament and the Council (EP);
- community information (e.g. work documents (WK)).
The documents are provided in all languages for which translation is available at the time of the research.
The Delegates Portal also provides the calendar of all Council sessions and European Council meetings.EU Council , EU Presidency , European Union