6 May 2022
On Friday 6 May 2022, the event "The future is yours – Let's meet in Abruzzo to talk about the future of Europe" will take place in L'Aquila.
The initiative is promoted by the Department for European Policies in collaboration with the Representation in Italy of the European Commission and the European Parliament Office in Italy, to stimulate citizens and young people to participate in the Conference on the Future of Europe.
The event is organised by Europe Direct Abruzzo, in collaboration with Consorzio Punto Europa and L'Abruzzo in Europa.
The programme includes a session of institutional greetings that will open at 11:30 a.m. with:
- Filippo Lucci, President of Consorzio Punto Europa
- Lorenzo Sospiri, President of the Regional Council and President of L'Abruzzo in Europa association
- Pierluigi Biondi, Mayor of L'Aquila.
Followed by an introduction session to the Conference on the Future of Europe with:
- Francesco Tufarelli, Director of the Office for Coordination of European Union Policies, Department for European Policies.
The meeting continues with a session of interventions with:
- Laura Ferrara, Member of the European Parliament
- Giuseppe Ferrandino, Member of the European Parliament
- Valentino Grant, MEP.
This will be followed by a session of debate and collection of ideas and proposals for the future of Europe introduced by Fabrizio Politi, Professor of European Union Law at the University of L'Aquila.