The Department for European Policies ensures liaising with the European Commission and, at a national level, the coordination of competent administrations and bodies at a central, regional and local level.
This activity, already ensured during the negotiation phase of Regulation No. 1724/18, continues and is performed with the technical support of the Agency for Digital Italy (Agenzia per l'Italia Digitale – AgID).
Three types of subjects are involved in managing the Gateway:
- European Commission: governs, coordinates and monitors the implementation of the Regulation;
- Department for European Policies: coordinates, with the technical support of AgID, the implementation of the Regulation for Italy;
- Relevant administrations and bodies that:
- publish quality information in their websites
- manage service and problem-solving centres
- will make full online procedures available over time
To give impetus to the Gateway, the Commission created a Group of National Coordinators comprising one representative from each Member State (for Italy, the Department for European Policies) and chaired by the Commission itself. The National Coordinators' Group operates according to an annual work programme set out by the Commission:
- facilitating the exchange and regular updating of best practices
- assisting the Commission in developing common ICT solutions to support the Gateway
- discussing the draft annual work programme and assisting the Commission in monitoring the implementation of the programme
- encouraging development and implementation of Gateway promotion
The Department for European Policies reports to the Group of National Coordinators the results and requests of relevant Italian administrations and bodies. To this end, the Department for European Policies periodically brings together the managers designated by the administrations and bodies involved in a National Coordination Board, within which informal sectoral working groups have been created.
The Agency for Digital Italy (Agenzia per l'Italia Digitale – AgID) oversees all technical aspects, providing assistance and participating in the meetings of the European Commission's National Coordinators Group dedicated to these aspects.
In addition to AgID, the Department for Civil Service of the Presidency of the Council of Ministers participates in the work of the National Board as well as the Ministry for Technological Innovation and Digitalisation, the Ministry of the Interior, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, the Ministry of Economy and Finance, the Ministry of Justice, the Ministry of Economic Development, the Ministry of Infrastructure and Transport, the Ministry of Labour and Social Security, the Ministry of Health, the Ministry of Education, the Ministry of Research and University, the Ministry of Environment and Protection of Land and Sea, the State-Regions Conference, the Conference of Regions and Autonomous Provinces, the National Association of Italian Municipalities, the National Social Security Institute, the National Institute for Occupational Accident Insurance, the National Agency for Active Labour Policies, Unioncamere (Union of chambers of commerce), the Revenue Agency, the Customs and Monopolies Agency, the Regulatory Authority for Energy Networks and Environment, the National Anti-Corruption Authority, the Communications Guarantee Authority, the European Consumer Centre – Italy (Ecc-Net Italia), the National Council of Notaries, SACE Simest, the Institute for Insurance Supervision, the Conference of Rectors of Italian Universities.Single Digital Gateway