Chief of Unit: Gaetano Maria Giovanni Reale
- building the Italian position on EU legislative proposals on State Aid through a coordination and consultation process involving central administrations, local authorities, economic stakeholders and social partners;
- ensuring participation in European and national coordination and consultation fora on State Aid and dealing with the EU Commission and other Member States;
- providing support and advice to non-central administrations, also through formal advice;
- providing prior information on State Aid in order for both national and local legislation to be properly implemented according to EU law and principles;
- contributing to the drafting of the annual programme and progress reports to the Parliament;
- coordinating the administrations’ compliance with the information requirements on State Aid in the Services of General Economic Interests (SGEI).